Search This Site

Friday, September 23, 2011

Chris Whiting to bring back free kerb-side rubbish collection.


Mayoral candidate Chris Whiting has promised to bring back a free kerb-side rubbish collection for Moreton Bay Regional Council residents. 

The free rubbish collection was a feature of Council services in Caboolture until it was cut under the newly-amalgamated Council. 

Rate payers have consistently told me they want to see a return of the kerb-side collection for big items of rubbish,” said Cr Chris Whiting. 

“The elderly, disabled residents, and those without a car or trailer have been calling for a return of this valued Council service. 

The service will give them a chance to get those large household or garden items to local transfer stations. 

“It is part of my plan to deliver a better customer service to rate payers. 

“At this stage the service will be delivered once every two years for Moreton Bay Regional Council residents 

“I know this initiative will be welcomed back by residents like Hans-Dietrich Mielke of Beachmere who wrote to me 

I’m writing this letter in desperation of recognition as a rate payer of this Council for precisely 23 years. My problem is the kerbside “big rubbish” collection in Beachmere! I’m disabled and don’t have a trailer or towbar to carry my unwanted rubbish to the tip. I request a collection as soon as possible as summer is coming fast! 

Council residents can expect to see the re-introduction of this service in 2012 if Chris Whiting is elected Mayor.