Search This Site

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Michelle Lember States Her Position on Local Government Elections

Michelle Lember
Michelle Lember, partner of Lember and Williams Lawyers and Past President of Commerce Caboolture, confirmed today that she is not intending to contest the next council election in the Moreton Bay region. 

“For some time I strongly considered mayoral candidacy as I have always been a vocal supporter of a more cohesive and co-operative Moreton Bay Regional Council post-amalgamation and of the need for stronger and more vibrant leadership and I make no apologies for this," Ms Lember said in a statement.

“I can now confirm that I am not intending to seek election to Council in 2012 and plan instead to spend my time focused on my family, the continued development of my legal practice and Commerce Caboolture as a voice of business within the region.

“Strengthening our region, our businesses and our communities is something I have always been passionate about, and I have taken an active role in this process and will continue to do so. 

“As elections approach I would think that any elected representative who had done the best they could for their constituents would be focused on the issues of their electorate; allowing their efforts to speak for themselves, rather than on attacking those who may or may not stand against them. 

"I look forward to the healthy debate about the future and leadership of our region in the prelude to the 2012 Local Government Elections. 

"I wish all candidates success and encourage positive campaigns that focus on the real issues facing our residents, businesses and communities."

A large amount of speculation around Ms Lember's political aspirations have been swirling around in the community including on the 'Have Your Say' section of the 101.5FM website.